Sunday, February 28, 2010

Money saving ideas

Being somewhat "strapped for cash," I like to look at the "money saving ideas" that frequently come across my internet home page. The ideas provided are usually good ones, though for the most part they are common sense. Perhaps that is the reason that I am unable to use any of them, they are stuff that I do already or have no need for.

For example:

"Save money every morning by making your coffee at home"--with the nearest "coffee shop" 30 miles one way, this is not an issue.

"Brown bag your lunch"--this one I do cheat on a bit, there is a cafe that is closer, but still most of the time, not applicable.

"Don't go out to dinner every night"---see "making coffee at home"


and the latest include:

"Switch to dry pet food"--don't have a pet

"Take your old heels to a repair shop"--don't wear heels

"Host dinner parties," "borrow DVDs from friends," "unlock (digital music libraries)"--Most of the people that live next to me this time of year do not or would not participate, so these don't work either.

Maybe someday they will figure out not all of us live in a city...

No comments:

Post a Comment