Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Fall TV

Since I have TV again, and have DVR which is even better, I have been able to get back into the yearly muck of "Fall Previews." Not knowing what is on TV any more, and finding most of what is on is disrespectful and/or insulting to my intellect, I am currently just going with what I know already, and hoping I will stumble on to something else along the way. Of course not having access to TV for the past year and a half, I am terribly behind on the story lines of the TV shows I used to watch regularly. Early thoughts...

CSI:Miami--It took us back to the beginning...I was not convinced. Apparently Eric was involved in an incident where he was shot....and wound up in the hospital. The "Beginning" was 1997--None of the team had assembled, in fact it was forming at the end of the episode. During the "flashback" Callie played a dumb blond, no really...something I don't think she ever could have been. As this is one of the shows I used to watch anyway, hopefully I can pick back up on it.

NCIS--Apparently there was an incident that caused Ziva to leave the team. Tony and Tim go looking for her. And the team is reunited. I have only recently begun watching this, and use the "marathons" to help. I am more than a little confused since the last episode on one of the "marathons" on USA showed the team getting entirely moved around-- it was from 05/2008...

NCIS: Los Angeles--this was disappointing. It spent more time being a cop show than it did trying to create a show--the chemistry between the characters was lacking. There were moments of "wardrobe," and biometrics, and more stuff that had nothing to do with Crime Investigation, and they seem to almost forgotten the Naval part....It almost seemed like it was trying to be James Bond but without any of the finesse or maybe a super hero setup, without the super hero (i.e. these are your clothes, this is your car, these are the gadgets, this is the team, etc). Searches on the Internet indicate this was not the pilot, and that the pilot did have more to do with the original series. Hopefully they will go back to that.

Community--Haven't seen anything on it yet, so still hoping for the best.

Merlin--This series randomly started during the middle of the summer, and then after a few months it was over. It was aired on BBC previously, so there are more episodes. Hopefully it will come back.

Trauma--Again, haven't seen an episode of this. Hoping it will be good.

and that really seems to be all that has peaked my interest for the moment, other than the shows that are on the channels that I don't get...

No comments:

Post a Comment