Friday, December 14, 2007

Alas, it's almost over

So I must admit a secret guilty pleasure...

I have been suckered in to watching "A Shot at Love with Tila Tequila" on MTV~actually I have been watching it more on the web, since it is on air at an awkward time, but more on that another day. Now I for one am not, nor have ever been big on "reality" shows. I don't fret over "Survivor," I couldn't care less about "The Real World," "The Bachelor (ette)" was just obnoxious...about the only other one that I have ever gotten into was "Celebrity Mole," and I think a lot of that had to do with the blond haired blue eyed brother that was on "The Young Riders" once upon a time.

But anyway back to "A Shot at Love"~I feel as though a love affair is about to end. I have watched the drama unfold in the house, outside the house, out of the state--it is a fairly dramatic show. lol. I have fallen in love with Dani, as have numerous other females and males whether they be gay, lesbian, straight, bi or otherwise undecided. I was more than glad when some of the less than tolerable contestants were "kicked to the curb." I was almost, almost, in tears when some of the contestants were told their shot at love had ended. And now the show is ending too, sob, sniff, sniff.

But I do have some things to say about the show. First off to Ryan's Dad, where ever he might be, "Sir, your close minded, uninformed, stereotypical opinions are exactly the reason that your son has turned out the way that he has, and Sir, HE is the better man for his open mindedness, though some of the comments that he makes shows that he isn't ready to do a drag show and feel comfortable about his manhood. Oh, and by the way, your daughter is curious at the very least."

And Tila darling, "You can't choose. You can be with one person at a time, but loving both men and women is something that is always going to be a part of you. Being strictly with one gender or the other in your self proclaimed bisexuality is against who you are and perpetuates more stereotypes. Just be happy in a monogamous relationship with either gender until something happens and someone else comes along."

And Dani, "YOU are awesome, and I think everyone that has seen you and actually listened to you knows it. And you don't need all the makeup, you are a more beautiful person without it."

Check out what I'm talkin' about at A shot at love.

No comments:

Post a Comment